There are many varieties of arthritic illnesses and this could affect a variety of joints within the body. Among the most at risk parts of the body is the hand, as it features several joints. You would know if you are suffering from arthritis in fingers in case you are experiencing the indications of the condition. If you are not aware of it, among the most prevalent indications of arthritis illnesses in fingers are the following:
* Pain: this is regarded as the most common sign of arthritis in fingers. First, pain in the hands and fingers may build up as a burning sensation. You will notice that you are going through pain after continuous usage of the fingers, such as after a game of golf or playing the keyboard. As the disorder gets worse, the cartilages in the finger joints start to break down, therefore causing the bones to rub against each other. When this occurs, you may encounter having serious pain in your hands and fingers and this can also wake you up from your deep sleep. Occasionally you may have hardships executing regular activities as a result of severe pain.
* Swelling: when you are suffering from arthritis illnesses in your fingers, the hands may look swollen and enlarged. Recurrent utilization of the fingers can aggravate the swelling and this can irritate the joints in your hand. Your fingers may appear just like a sausage and this too can impact the regular functions of your fingers.
* Warmth: swelling as a result of arthritis illnesses can cause the skin that covers your joints feel hot. Warm feelings can be accompanied with tenderness, pain and swelling on the affected joint.
* Grinding: the causes of arthritis in fingers may be the excessive use of it. When affected by finger arthritis, you might hear or go through a grinding sensation when doing activities with the use of the hands. It is because the cartilage between the finger joints starts to wear away as the disorder progresses. When this happens, the bones in the fingers are left unprotected, therefore causing the bones to rub against each other. As a consequence of this, rubbing, grating or grinding sensation may be encountered and this is known as crepitation. This sensation is usually associated with mild to extreme pain in the affected finger joints.
* Cysts: if you acquire an arthritis disorder at the end joints of the fingers, you will see that you are beginning to acquire cysts around the impacted joint as well. The cyst may look just like a small fluid-filled sac and as an elevated bump in the impacted finger. In case you start developing cyst in the impacted joint, the nails of your fingers could become ridged or dented.
These are the most prominent indications of arthritis that you must be familiar with. In case suffering from the disease, be sure to speak to your doctor for the proper diagnosis of the disorder. You may also speak with your doctor concerning the various causes of arthritis along with the treatments available for it.